Here it is, the tasting of the first Iron Brewer Challenge!
No show notes (as we had no actual show notes). Video releases, and we just kind of winged it the rest of the time
And we’re live! Remember, you can heckle us live on Twitter with #thegeeklifetv
- Video Releases
- Lightning Round
- Assholes topple and ancient rock formation in Utah and then post it on the Internet. (link)
- Kohl’s has Sharknado shirts for women
- You can use Netflix profiles to tailor your movie suggestions.
- Banksy has an unannounced art sale in New York City and sells almost nothing (link)
- Minnesota Zoo Monorail decommissioned (link)
- Madonna banned from Alamo Drafthouse after texting during a movie (link)
- Doctor Who tapes trove in Africa officially announced and released.
- Apple Announcement
- Iron Brewer Update
- Melissa: Gravity, and Eega is on Netflix as Makkhi
- Paul: Project Pluto model kit… one of the cold wars wacky doomsday devices.
And we’re live! Heckle us on Twitter! #thegeeklifetv
- Video releases
- Several Doctor Who episodes recovered, letting the BBC release two Patrick Troughton stories for the first time since they were first aired!
- Melissa’strip to Fantastic Fest
Because for some reason, it’s not on the site. – MT
It’s just Mike and Paul this time. Of course, there’s a fair amount of beer talk
- Lighining Round:
- Dell is going private
- …and so is Blackberry
- Speaking of Blackberry, it lost almost 1 billion last quarter…
- …And Grand Theft Auto V made over 1 billion in its first three days
- Need further proof that Android tablets are flooded with cheap pieces of crap? Tesco – a UK supermarket – is making one called the Hudl.
- Gabe Newell, in his quest for supreme insanity, anounced SteamOS, yet another linux fork built for ‘living room’ devices.
- iOS 7 is now in the wild
- Microsoft doubles down on Surface.
- Paul and Mike discuss some of their thoughts for the current Iron Brewer round (Yes, I’m saying it that way to try and make it a regular thing – Mike)